Sunday, July 26, 2009

boating and baseball

Those of you who know me know that I have made it my personal mission in life to die of skin cancer. I must be Vitamin D deficient because I can never get enough sun. So when JC asked me if I wanted to take a trip on the Moomba this summer, I could not refuse. And when Mark McFarland invited me to go boating this weekend, I could not say no.

So we spent all day long at Pineview yesterday on the water and I learned how to surf behind the boat. That is a blast and I can see how much fun it would be with a boat that spits out a big enough wake that you wouldn't have to use a rope. The boys took their turns jumping off the biggest rope swing I have ever seen. And despite their coaxing, I chose to remain in the boat and not try my hand at paralyzing myself by going off of that thing. Cuz I may die of skin cancer, but I am not stupid enough to die by breaking my neck because of some dumb swing!

When we finally got off the lake at 7pm that night, we got changed and headed to a Raptor's game. I love the Raptor's games. They are so relaxing and nothing beats a hot summer day on the water like a cool summer evening at a baseball game. Especially one with a backdrop like the one at Lindquist Field. Although it was a pretty exciting game because of our errors, we ended up with the W at the end. And Mark ended up with 2 Ramirez bobble heads that value near $50 each on Ebay. Lucky him.

3 comments:

. said...

Sounds like your having a great summer so far the girl! Miss you lots and everything you do gives you cancer...so why not catch some rays? :)

Shad said...

That was a great time wasn't it. I am glad that I have two great girls to hang out with. Thanks Missy.

Brock and Tyra said...

hawaii won't cure your skin cancer. hope you're having fun.