Friday, July 24, 2009

san diego

Melissa's wedding was on Thursday, so I bought a plane ticket to fly to San Diego on Wednesday and Bonnie picked me up at the airport. We drove up the coast from the airport to La Jolla where the wedding was going to be held and stopped and looked at some shops while we waited for Melissa to check into our room so that we could get a parking pass. The hotel was located right on the beach, so it was hard to find a spot to park on the street, but it guaranteed us some spectacular views.

Once we got checked in, I took a quick nap while the wedding party was at the rehearsal and then we all got ready to go to dinner. We ate at a little Mexican restaurant right up the street from the hotel. It was fun to mingle with Ed's family and get to meet his relatives. They are all so much fun.

After dinner, Bonnie and I ran a few to Walmart to find some fish and sand for Melissa's centerpieces. No luck with the sand, but we managed to buy some fish. I don't know how they made it safely to the hotel with Bonnie's crazy driving (you know I love you, but it's true)...they lost most of the water in their containers going around one corner! We were exhausted when we got back so we immediately went to bed.

Thursday morning we woke up and headed back to find a Home Depot for sand and a Target for serving bowls and spoons. (While we were running these errands, I got a text from Will. He went and did what I thought he was going to do. But like I said, I completely understand and I have no bad feelings towards him. It just makes me think a lot about what I'd do in his shoes...) We also stopped back at the airport to pick up Misty--one of our old roommates who flew in to surprise Melissa. Once we all got back, we put the centerpieces together and helped set up the reception area. I seriously put my dress on at 2:52 and the ceremony started at 3pm. Crazy.

The wedding was beautiful and so was she. She and Ed are perfect for each other--and although I had my initial doubts, he has earned my approval. It's good to see her so happy. The reception was a blast too and afterward, we all went out to the pool to hang out. It was so much fun to be around my roommates from 9 years ago. I can't believe how quickly time goes...The trip was so much fun, but way too short--I flew back to Ogden this morning.

1 comment:

Jaynee said...

YOU have some esplainin' to do, Missy.