Wednesday, July 15, 2009

lake time

I went back to Preston this week because I promised Kennedy and Mason that I'd take them swimming at the lake last weekend and we ran out of time. When I told Tyra of my plan, she decided that she wanted to take her kids up as well to surprise Kelsey's kids. We parked her car in Logan and then she jumped in with me. When we got to the house, the kids were so excited to see each other. We loaded up the cars and took off for Lamont.

Kelsey had recently purchased some life jackets for her kids but that didn't help ease their fears. Tyra's kids on the other hand...my oh my. They had some dollar store arm floaties that did not work, but that didn't stop them! They have no fear. Kade and Karlee just took off running into the water, tripped, and swallowed a gallon but they kept going back for more. It's funny how different they all are.

I taught Kennedy & Mason how to float on their backs even though they were quick to make sure that I never let go of them. Kade and Karlee took turns jumping off the dock and the babies just sat in their chairs. Trying to wrangle all those kids is quite different than what I'm used to, but it still was a great time!





No comments: