Monday, July 20, 2009

melina's and meltdowns

I got invited to go to Melina's with the Hancock clan tonight to celebrate Jill's birthday. She was joking with me earlier today about how she never feels like a princess on her birthday because she's usually the one planning the parties, so I stopped at Zurcher's to buy her a crown and a pink feather boa. Turns out that Mitch's kids liked it more than she did. Go figure. I think we all ate our fair share of feathers though!

After dinner we went bowling in Brigham City. Wow. That brought back a flood of memories from when my aunt used to live there. Suddenly I was remembering things that happened when I was a little girl--like picking up Michelle from gymnastics and leaving Kari & Brad's house in my pajamas after a family Christmas party. Bowling was a blast though--especially because I somehow convinced Karlie to give me a massage while I waited for my turn.

Also tonight was what I will call a minor meltdown with Will--although it wasn't really a meltdown at all. But it was the only time in the last two months that we've been even remotely upset with each other. We tried to talk about what's going on. He is frustrated with me because he thinks I don't understand what he's feeling right now. And I'm frustrated with him because I know EXACTLY what he's feeling right now. But I guess that's how it goes and there's nothing I can do about it. It's always so much easier to see things when you're on the outside looking in than when you are the one who feels conflicted. The funny thing is, I really do understand and I actually don't blame him at all.

No comments: