Friday, July 17, 2009

gorgeous george

Oh boy...I've been looking forward to this concert for a very long time. Jamie and I bought tickets to go see George Strait back in March when the they first went on sale. This has been one thing that I've really looked forward to this summer.

We met in Clearfield and took off for the Usana Amphitheatre. We stopped in West Valley and ate at Chili's and then we were off to spend a beautiful summer evening under the stars, while being swooned by George's Texas twang.

The concert was awesome! Julianne Hough opened up and then Blake Shelton played as well. He even did the moonwalk in honor of the late--yet great--Michael Jackson. We had a couple of irritating moments while he was playing where the sound system went out, but he made the best of it and kept cracking jokes about it.

And then...
HE came out. In his Wranglers, button up, and cowboy hat. I can see now why my mom loves him. He is quite the looker boy--and a dying breed too. There were no fireworks or smoke or bells and whistles. Just George and his guitar. And his old-timer band. And I would've sat there for another 4 hours listening to him.

I just don't know that the lady in front of us wanted to sit and listen to Jamie & I sing every single word for another 4 hours. Although she did compliment us on our lyrical knowledge when the show was over.




No comments: