Tuesday, September 1, 2009

august rush

August always comes and goes in a flash. It's always the month that I dread the most because it means that my summer is officially over and so is my life--for about three months. Volleyball double days start and that means no more trips to the lake, family vacations, pool time, or anything else for that matter. But this year, August flew by for some reason. Double days came and went and seemed shorter than they ever have before!

This month was also filled with challenges. The ex factor seems to always be a factor when we get back in the same vicinity. I've got to learn to be strong and I guess that will take time as usual. If history says anything, being around each other just opens up doors that shouldn't be re-opened. And that's not fair to any new people in our lives. The good news for me is that I'm not the one in a new "committed" relationship. I'm just dating other people and enjoying it.

I was happy to finish a few projects around my house. I put up some tile back splash in my bathrooms and also framed my mirrors. It looks so good and thank heavens for my HGTV personal team of Brock and Tyra who teach me how to do all of these things! I'll post some pictures of the finished look later on. I was also super excited to buy a trimmer and a blower for my yard work. Funny how I never imagined that would be something I'd be happy about spending my money on...Guess I'm growing up after all.

No comments: