Thursday, April 30, 2009

Geen Ivuh

Otherwise known as the Green River. Unless you are Karlee. And then it's just the plain old Geen Ivuh...

Anyway, I had the pleasure of watching my sister's kids this week while they were on a fishing trip with Brock's family. That is hard work. So mothers, don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. I knew it would be crazy, but I didn't know how crazy.

Here are a few examples:
Sunday--the belch known around the world. I took the kids to my single's ward. Oh my. Tommy and Brett sure got a kick out of Karlee and Kade. Until Kade spit marshmallows out on Tommy's lap and started yelling for milk prior to the Sacrament service. And it only got better when he let out a serious belch right after the prayer. Those kinds of things aren't heard very often in that place.

Monday--Despite my waking up every hour on the hour, the kids slept til 8:20. So I thought this was going to be a great day. Until after breakfast when Kaden started screaming bloody murder from upstairs. I thought he had stubbed his toe or something because of the way he was standing. Nope. Worse. I got a whiff of something terrible and so I tried to change his diaper and it wasn't pretty. The poor kid couldn't get anything to come out. Now I realize that this is graphic, but not as graphic as what good ol' Kelsey advised me to do...the unmentionable. Fortunately, with a little back rub and some apple juice, I didn't have to "help him".

Tuesday--The weather was awful so we were trapped inside all day long. I never in my life have craved adult conversation like I did on this day. Countless hours of Boomerang can do that to you. Popeye, the Pink Panther, Scooby Doo, Smurfs, and everything else that was on. When Kade went down for his nap, Karlee informed me that she was tired. When I asked her if she wanted to go take a nap, she told me no. She didn't want a nap. Just a yest (rest). So she cuddled up next to me on the couch and then got a little choked up and told me that she missed her mommy and wanted her to come home from the Geen Ivuh. It was so cute.

We had pizza for dinner that night and Tyra and Brock came home much earlier than they'd planned on. The kids were so surprised to see their mom sneak up on them and probably relieved, more than anything, that they didn't have to deal with Missy anymore...

It was fun though. Thank goodness those kids are around to help keep me occupied and entertained. I love them...but I guess it just goes to show that there is no way to prepare for motherhood!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Such a good sis! Remember when I used to bring Cedric to church? Glad I didn't have several kids to bring back then. One was more than enough!

Van Tassell Family said...

Yeah I agree motherhood is fun but full of suprises. Sounds like you had fun though.

Brock and Tyra said...

um. we all spell relief M-I-S-S-Y.

Come over anytime you feel and more. We're always happy to have you. 'specially the kids.

THANK YOU