Monday, April 27, 2009

Jazz Game

Saturday night I scored some tickets to the Jazz game so Shad, Linz, and I drove to Salt Lake to meet up with my friend at PF Changs for dinner. Last time I ate there was before heading into Energy Solutions arena as well--for the Faith Hill & Tim McGraw concert. And yum. I remembered why I love their lettuce wraps. This time, I ventured out of my usual fried rice and honey chicken and we had some steak, Chang's chicken, orange chicken, and the Lo-Mein Noodles. My mouth is watering just thinking about it...

After dinner, we met Tyra and Brock at will call to pick up our tickets. They couldn't come to dinner because they had to drop off their kids at Ya Ya's house (Brock's mom). So they were starving when we got to the game and they grabbed the usual snack bar food--hot dogs I think.

As another similarity with the concert, our tickets were on the VERY top row. Tyra said that the bright side was that no one would be able to spill their beer down our backs. The bad thing was that it left her light headed and sick to her stomach--or maybe that was the hot dog.

The first quarter was great. But after that it was a wreck. So during the second quarter, Linz and I went out to get T.D. a yogurt from the Red Mango. What is that you ask? Well let me tell you...it is the best thing since sliced bread. It is delectable, tasty, and good for you! I got a big one for T and I to share with mango and raspberries on it. Oh yum. Maybe it was the combination of the sweetness of the yogurt to compliment the dinner I'd just eaten, but it was the best part of the Jazz game that night. Perhaps because the Jazz were like 1-27 in the 3rd quarter alone and Kobe Bryant was 26-27. Yuck. But regardless, it was a great time. Maybe it was Brock yelling "Come on ref! What? Did Kobe buy you a pink diamond too?"--among other things while being high-fived by our fellow fans in the nosebleeds--or if it was just nice to get out and get my mind off things...

Anyway, there's always next year. Right Jazz fans?!

Our View

The Gang

No comments: