Saturday, April 25, 2009

The 3 Amigos

It has been a rough week--especially considering Wednesday morning and all of it's glory. So I took off to Preston and spent some much-needed time with my family. Tyra was up there with her kids for a play date with Kelsey and her rugrats, so they convinced me to come join them. We spent a lot of time goofing off and some time learning about Kelsey's Body Bugg--the coolest thing ever--which has now shot straight to the top of my wishlist.

While my mom was busy that night decorating for the Gold and Green Ball, my brother, dad, and I occupied ourselves with a Jazz win and an Office episode. My dad also was able to give me a blessing and thank heavens for that...

We spent Friday lounging around and then we started talking about the big stake dance that night. My mom got asked to help out with this activity and her committee decided that the Gold and Green Ball theme was going to be like a red carpet. If you came dressed as a character from a movie, you wouldn't have to dress in nice clothes. Tyra and Kelsey decided it would be fun for the three of us to go, but I only brought sweats and flip flops so my options were very limited. We started brainstorming and decided that we should be the 3 Amigos. A classic film.

So off we went to figure out where we could come up with the sombreros and costumes. Tyra, in all of her creativity, went and bought some red silky material to make us some sashes and ties out of. We all wore black pants with a duct tape stripe down the sides. It was hilarious. Until we got to the church and realized that the Spanish branch was also going to be there. Hopefully, we didn't offend anyone--it would be hard not to get our joke if you saw us all together, but when we were walking around individually, it could have been questionable...

Anyway, what a great time. We danced the night away and the kids loved it!! Kennedy went as Cinderella, Karlee as The Little Mermaid, Mason as Indiana Jones, and Kade as a cowboy. My mom is so talented--her decorations and refreshments were awesome. I hope everyone appreciated how much work went into that! I know we did. And just remember, wherever there is suffering, you will find us. Whenever there is injustice, we'll be there. We will not die like dogs, we will fight like lions!! For we are...the three amigos!

No comments: