Monday, April 28, 2008

The Secret Gang of Bikers

Have you ever noticed the secret little wave that bikers give when they pass each other on the road? What is that about? What does it mean? Who started it? And why can't people in cars do it and get the wave back?

Well I can't lie. I love that secret little wave. I don't have any idea what it means, but whoever started this secret little gang sign has left a serious legacy on the society of bikers everywhere. Colton and I went for a little Sunday evening drive on his cousin's Honda Shadow and it never failed--every time we passed someone else on a bike, the sign was flashed. And these bikers don't flash it quickly, they stick their leathered, Marlboro hands down in the most cool and confident way possible--bandanas and leather chaps blowing in the wind. You can practically smell the grease and the jack daniels dripping from their pores as you pass by. Aah...life on the road...

Well I am determined to break the mold. Once I get the scooter that I have been longing for (to help alleviate my aching bank account because of gas prices), I will be flashing the sign everywhere--to true bikers and to the other people riding around on their dinky scooters in shorts, flip flops, and tank tops. And we're going to make this the biggest gang of all! So move over Hell's Angels, there are some new bikers in town...or should I say scooters?

He looks at home on a bike doesn't he? And pretty hot too...Me? I can admit I look a little out of place...But I'll sure look good on a bright yellow vespa!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Looking good! You don't look like the typical bikers, but I think that is a good thing.

Rena said...

Nice bike, maybe someday I'll be able to flash you the sign too on a nice motorbike. Looking good.

micah folsom photography said...

love the new biker look... it really looks good on you guys! see you in about a month:)

cheeks said...

Hey Melissa...so i'm not blog stalking, but i linked over to you from Bonnie's blog! ha ha...crazy how many people you can find on this thing!

How are you? You look great as you always do! Glad to see you're holdin up the fort in O-Town! Way to stick with the Wildcats!! I'm sure you'll find several reasons you stayed (other than those listed) as time goes on. That's way cool about the job offer though! You rock!

Glad to see you're doing well!
--jami--