Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cat Country

Bengal or Wildcat? That is the question. Most of you may already know by now, but I was offered the head coaching job at Idaho State University on Saturday. And so for the answer...........Wildcat. Here are a few of the reasons why:

1. $54K dollars is not enough money for me. But evidently $34K is.
2. I only wear orange and black on Halloween.
3. Jobs like this come along every day.
4. It wouldn't be any fun at all to be the one calling the shots and running the show.
5. Pocatello still doesn't have tv so I wouldn't be able to watch The Office.

Now some of you may be thinking that those reasons are quite ridiculous actually. To tell the truth, I don't really know the exact reason I didn't take it. It is a great opportunity and obviously I was flattered to have been chosen. But when it really comes down to it, I am happy where I am. So here are the real reasons:

1. I love my girls and although I probably don't show it as often as I should to them, they are the reason that I love coming to work every day.
2. I love my house and my friends here.
3. I want to see Weber State be successful after all of the years that I've been a part of this program & I think we have a great chance to do that this year.
4. Ultimately, I feel like I would have more regrets in going than in staying.

And yes, Colton was part of that decision. But he wasn't the ONLY reason, so give us both a break! Anyway, I'm happy to say that I still bleed purple and that I can still growl, scratch, and snarl with the best of them...

5 comments:

micah folsom photography said...

And Missy we are all so glad you stayed as well! It wouldn't have been nearly as fun beating the bengals next year if you were at the top of their bench:)

E'lise Collins said...

I'm happy you stayed. Now my kids will have someone to swim with at Roy swimming pool this summer (since I won't be able to!)

Heather said...

Well, for our sake we are sure glad you are still at Weber. We (my kids and Jason) love having you around. Besides who would we get our discounts from the book store from :) You know Colton is useless :)

Brock and Tyra said...

Um, excuse me! Don't I have anything to do with one of the difficult parts of leaving Ogden?
Hmmph.

amy said...

Missy! I love reason #1 (on your second list) the best. I am so glad you stayed you don't even know. Volleyball would be SO much different without you! I love ya!