Tuesday, March 24, 2009

layton city champs

So last night was the final night of my reverse coed league. And as Queen so amazingly put it...We are the champions, my friend. And we'll keep on fighting til the end. We are the champions. We are the champions. No time for losers cuz we are the champions of the Layton City...

It was a long night. We had a game at 6:30 against one of the top 3 teams in the league and beat them in 3. Then we played another team at 7:30 who is loaded with good players--really probably the best team in the league who actually beat us last week in the first round of the playoffs. We beat them in 3 as well, but because it was a double elimination tournament, we had to turn around and play them again at 8:30. We ended up winning in 5 and probably played the best team ball we'd played all season. Slightly reminiscent of the 1994-1995 Preston High School Indians and their State Championship against St. Mary's...

Oh wow. I'm old. And I'm maintaining my identity from the good ol' days through recreational volleyball. I never thought I'd get to this point. Forget I even posted and boasted about this...

1 comment:

Leonard Livin' said...

There will never be another championship like Preston over St. Maries...