Tuesday, October 7, 2008

quirks tag

The McFadden wives tagged me, so here are some of my disturbing quirks. I say disturbing because I never really realized how OCD they are until I had to write them down for the public to view!

Creepy:
1. I love laundry. But I'm obsessive about it. Each sock has to go with it's true partner--the one it came in the package with. So even though I have a million pair of white Nike and Adidas no-show socks, they must be matched up correctly. So to make sure this happens, I've been known to mark each sock with a unique symbol on the toe or arch with a permanent marker so that I know what goes with what when I'm folding. And about the folding...it has to be done perfectly. T-shirts have to be folded like they are on a rack at the department store. Jeans must have the seams lined up exactly. Underwear even has to be folded a certain way. See? I told you it was disturbing...

2. I'm VERY superstitious. About routines. About my food. About my shoes. About my underwear. About my hair. About music. About numbers. In fact, I was sure that we would lose our district championship basketball game against Snake River in high school when I was a sophomore because I couldn't find my "lucky" ponytail holder. I was hysterical and in tears. My mom thought I was nuts. But I think she realized how dead serious and seriously crazy I was. So she helped me find it. And we won.

3. I am obsessed with numbers. I have some lucky (goes back to the superstitious thing) numbers: 11, 34, 10, 46, 13 (listed in order of importance). These numbers are staples in my life. I wish on these numbers whenever they are visible--for instance, when the time is 11:34 am or pm. I count to these numbers while I'm drinking water, running, or walking up stairs. I count incessantly. It's also disturbing.

4. I'm a compartmental eater. That is correct. I don't like to mix and match my food. If I am eating tri-tip steak, potatoes, and salad, I have to eat all of the salad before I move onto the potatoes, and when those are all gone, I eat the steak last. And the food disappears according to how I rate it's taste--in order of my least favorite to most favorite. Every. Single. Time.

And now for the not so creepy:
5. I love CLEAN smells. I love the smell of laundry, linens, fresh cut green grass. I don't really like my house to smell like pumpkin pie or oatmeal cookies. I prefer it to smell like someone just got out of the shower and used Dove exfoliating soap--because that soap smells CLEAN. In fact, it's the only kind of soap that I will use. I take it with me everywhere I go in a portable container so that I don't have to use another kind at the gym or hotel. I like CLEAN smelling perfumes--so that I smell like I just took a shower instead of smelling like I spritzed on a bunch of perfume.

6. I am a shoe whore. I love shoes. I don't like my shoes to get dirty. I don't like them to look like they've been worn more than once. I don't like the traction to get worn off. I like to have shoes that not everyone else has (which is easier since I have such a big foot). I am also a jeans whore. I love jeans. I don't like my jeans to get dirty--especially at the hems. And for some reason, I can never have too many pairs of either...

4 comments:

Heather said...

Yup, I knew it all along, but now you are officially loca! :)

Jodi said...

Oh I am the same way with socks, but my way is much easier and does not require the use of permanent marker. Safety Pins! Safety Pins are the answer! When I take off my socks I fold them back together to put in my laundry basket. When it is time to wash them I unfold them and safety pin the toes together. They never lose their mate while in the washing machine or in the dryer. When I take them out of the dryer I simply un-pin them and fold them back together. My friend Casey does the same thing but he leaves the pin on one of the socks when he wears them and that is a little weird!

I love that soap too!

Rena said...

Missy, I alway knew you where different but wow, just kidding it is good to know more about you and to see that we are not to different in some ways. :)

E'lise Collins said...

Miss, you ARE crazy! Just kidding :). I have my own creepy quirks too..like typing things in my head constantly...it drives me nuts but I can't stop it!

It sounds like Colton is lucky to have you when it comes to laundry (and many other things!)