Wednesday, October 8, 2008

it's all about who you're with

I was at a high school football game last weekend with Colton, and Davis High School's principal was kidding us about being together for so long without getting married. He told us, "It matters not what you do. It matters not where you are. What matters is who you are with." I kept thinking to myself at the time that I really hoped Colton was paying attention. But later that night, I started thinking about why I'd been feeling frustrated recently and, consequently, I started to think about the things I really love about Colton. And Dr. Homer's advice rings true--when I'm most frustrated with everything else in life, he is always there to make me see the things that are really important and really matter. Knowing that I'll get to spend time with him makes it easier to deal with a bad day at work, a frustrating weekend on the road, or even my own bad mood. He makes me laugh when I need it the most...And although I can get really ticked off at him, I need to be better about my perspective because I really am lucky to have snagged him. He's a keeper.


1 comment:

Rena said...

I hope you are doing well Missy. You are a wonderful person and you will be blessed. Just hang in there.