Saturday, May 16, 2009

Race Day

Oh my. I'm addicted! The Ogden 5k was today and it was SO MUCH FUN!! E'lise, Jill, and Heather met up at the Pilot off of 12th street and carpooled to the Timbermine. Steph, Jesse, Linz, and I caught a ride from my house to the starting line from Shad. When we got there, we decided to stay huddled in the car as long as possible because the wind was freezing cold. So we all piled out of the car around 6:56am--just in time to take a "before" picture and to hear the gun blast.

The course seemed so much easier to me today than it did during our trial run. And my adrenaline must have been kicking in because I felt awesome! I kept picking people ahead of Linz and I so that we could pass them. I finished in 30 minutes--which isn't great but isn't bad either. And that 30 minutes put me at 21st out of 65 for my age group. Considering that I only ran 5 times from the day that I signed up until the actual race, I can't complain.

The whole gang went to Jeremiah's to celebrate our success with a healthy dosing of calories and company. Mmm...those Sunrise Smoothies are to die for!

I've never been part of anything like this. We all know how much I hate running, but the atmosphere at this event makes it all worthwhile. Witnessing the energy at the Fitness Expo when we went to pick up our packet yesterday and seeing all of those people lined up at the starting line is enough to convince anyone to do it. Even Jesse Birch...

Linz and I on the home stretch

Heading down Grant Avenue

The Troops

The whole crew

5 comments:

Kellie Henry said...

Good Job!! That is awesome that you did that, I am so jealous!

micah folsom photography said...

woo you go woman!

April said...

so you think you're up for the marathon? You could totally do it-and you'll LOVE it!!!

The Metcalf's said...

Way to go Missy! Glad it was a great experience for you!

Van Tassell Family said...

Good job! I have always wanted to do something like!! Sounds like you girls had fun. Hope things are going good for you! Take care.