Tuesday, January 20, 2009

toot toot

Now ordinarily, I'm not one to toot my own horn. But today something that's a pretty big deal happened to me...I got promoted. To what you ask? Well, read on.
Perhaps some of you feel the irony in this--I am promoted to a position with somewhat more authority (Who am I kidding? I still have the same amount of authority...) on the exact same day that President Obama is inaugurated? Wow.

Hopefully, those of you who are shocked speechless right now will approach it the same way I approach the Obama Era--now that he's got the job even though he wasn't my first choice, I am going to throw all of my support and prayers behind him in hopes that he will do a fantastic job.

So for now, toot toot! And you'd better start praying...

4 comments:

Brock and Tyra said...

wowza! congratulations coach.
so did your salary also get promoted? that is the REAL question...

Brockett's said...

Hey Melissa-Rock on! That is awesome!
You had better be careful-I know when your birthday is and I may be able to find some of those Peach Puff pictures. In fact I know there is one of me hanging around. If nothing else there is always girls camp.......*Ü*

Andie said...

Congrats Melissa!! It's about time....you deserve it more than anyone. I miss ya!! Love ya -- Andie

Heather said...

Wahoo! That is awesome Missy. You are an awesome coach and will do a great job.