Friday, January 2, 2009

new year's rockin eve

Colton and I decided to ring in the new year the best way we knew how--eating and rocking. So we met up with my family in Logan at the Golden Corral to put to use some gift certificates that we got for Christmas from my Grandpa & Grandma Leonard. After stuffing our faces at the buffet, we decided that we needed to burn off the excess calories by doing our new favorite activity--playing Rock Band.

My brother borrowed the game from his friend, and being the highly mature adults that we are, we played the game until 3am--not bothering to watch the ball drop in New York City or even to stop to put the kids to bed. Somehow along the way, the drumsticks got lost and so we had to use the next best thing--wooden spoons. It affected the timing slightly, but we didn't let that deter us. Things really got going when Colton decided to take a water break and came back downstairs sporting a fauxhawk--that even got my Dad excited. And when I say excited, I mean that he actually opened his eyes and stopped snoring for a minute. But only a minute.

The next morning, everyone got started again and the best part was my Dad playing the Bass guitar--boy, I was having flashbacks to my childhood when he would come home from work and play "Dust in the Wind" from the piano bench. So that means that 4 of us have played the guitar, 5 of us have played the piano, and all of us can sing--or at least we think we can...Tyra is the only one who has done a solo in public since the age of 10...but what a musical family I have!!

My mom videotaped several of the songs and as soon as I can get her to post them on Youtube, I will add them for your viewing pleasure.
So--other than improving my drumming skills in 2009, I would also like to do the following:
1. Pay my tithing
2. Continue to exercise
3. Save $$ and pay off my debt

No comments: