Tuesday, September 16, 2008

home sweet home

We are finally back from our Gonzaga tournament where we took first place & had a blast visiting Jenna's family on beautiful Lake Coeur D'Alene. It was the most fun I've had in awhile & I think it's great for the girls to be able to show off their old stomping grounds to the rest of the team. It was a LONG tournament (beat SDSU in 5, Utep in 5, and Gonzaga in 4) & I thought Micah might pop because of heat exhaustion...But she made the All-Tournament team along with Chelsea, and Britt was named the tourney MVP.


Needless to say, I'm happy to be home. We get to open conference play against EWU and PSU this week & there is no place like home! I don't know what it is about Swenson Gym--the fact that it's practically brand new, it is loud as all get-out, or that the fans seems so close that they could touch you--but it is awesome! Hopefully by the end of this week we'll be sitting at a cool 10-3 on the season.

Not only is it good to be home for volleyball, but it's good to be home for my personal life. My house (inside and outside) seems to suffer and be neglected when I'm gone. Not that I'm an exceptional housekeeper or anything, but I always feel overwhelmed with things that need to be done when I get back from a long road trip...

3 comments:

Kris said...

Melissa,
Sounds like all is well with the volleyball. As for your last little bit...I'm a frickin' engineer and not sure I'm really qualified to hand out any advice. Besides, you stole my whitey tightys in high school and I'm still a little bitter. Just kidding. Remember when I talked to you about the "Punt". You're still young and have your whole life ahead of you. We'll be living in the millenium soon anyway so age won't matter. Go out and have fun. Live it up, but don't let your standards slip ;)
Just remember, I have a good friend (Chunky) that still hangs out in P-town. I could put in a good word for ya.
Schmitty out!

Jodi said...

Dang, you are more honest on your blog than I am with myself! And if I had any advice I would probably need it for myself anyway and shouldn’t give it away.

Kellie Henry said...

Congrats on taking the tourney! That is so awesome! It is always good to come back though....."there is no place like home!"