Monday, September 8, 2008

don't mess with texas...or hawaii

We just got back from Waco, Texas, yesterday from our 2nd pre-season tournament. We finished 2-2 with losses to Baylor and Rice and wins against San Diego State and University of Texas-San Antonio. Chelsea made the All-Tournament Team this time around...

So we are officially 5-3 on the season right now after beating the Aggies on Tuesday before we left! The girls are all playing really well...some of them are a little inconsistent but I think that's because they are just trying too hard.

And I need to give a special "thank-you" to Steph...she mowed my lawn for me while I was gone. That was honestly the nicest thing anyone could've done for me at this point. I was two weeks behind in the yard work department from being gone last week in Arizona. So I'll love you forever now Steph!!! And I owe you big-time!

Now, while I was sweating in the humid, Texas sun, Colton was swimming with the turtles in Hawaii. The football team left on Thursday to go play Hawaii Saturday night. So Saturday night in Texas, a few of my players were huddled around a laptop listening to the game online through 1430 KLO. The time difference made it a little bit challenging to stay awake--the game started at 6pm Hawaii time, which meant it was 11pm for us. We stayed up until almost 3am listening to the game & we were all cheering wildly during the first half--because we were up 17-7 going into the locker room. The second half wasn't as great...we end up losing, but hopefully it gives us some confidence going into the rest of the season. The girls and I were laughing because we all know that there is no way in heck that any football players or coaches would be huddled around a laptop trying to hear or see our game in the middle of the night! It is clear that we are the more loyal fans!! Anyway, here are some pictures that Colton sent me from Hawaii:

2 comments:

micah folsom photography said...

Easily the more loyal fans! Glad to have the boys home:) Even though we had some funny times down in good ol' Texas!

Rena said...

So Beautiful...now you made me want to go to Hawaii again. This time with my husband instead of the ISU volleyball team. Good Job in volleyball I wish you the best of luck this year. Tell Al and Nancy and Steph Hi for me too.