Tuesday, September 30, 2008

big week

To catch up on a few things...

Volleyball:
We beat the Bengals on Friday night in 4 games.

Football:
I went to the WSU vs. UofU football game on Saturday night with the Swan clan and my sister and Brock (Colton's new best friend). Our team played tough and Biff did especially well--I like to credit his performance with the salt and pepper lecture that morning at Village Inn with John, Marti, Colton & I. Way to hug rush Biff!

The fans at Utah are DIE HARD. Everyone is wearing their red "muss" shirts and they are not tolerant of other people's fans coming into their stadium and making any noise. Because of this, Brock was quite controversial--as soon as he took his post--standing--in front of his seat, he started yelling....Yelling things like "Look out Utes, little brother is coming in to whoop up on big brother!" "Oh my! You call yourselves a ranked team?" And my personal favorite, "Rise and shout, the Cougars are out!" Shortly after getting into a verbal altercation with the people behind him, he took advantage of his sideline pass and vacated the nose bleeds, to which my sister apologized for his behavior...

Even the radio people are crazed fans. Did anyone else listen to those dummies on 1280 after the game was over? I've never heard more crap spewing from people's mouths in my entire life--especially considering that one of them is a former player! Doesn't he know what "compete" means? Idiot. And let me tell you, Marti is not the person you want to be getting fired up. Or Jake Franks apparently...

We've got a busy week still to come--we (vb) play Utah tonight at home. Then Thursday, we are playing CS Bakersfield and then off we go Saturday morning to play at Sacramento State. 4 matches in 9 days--WAY better than practice!!! And football gets a shot at Montana at home this Saturday! Go Wildcats!

2 comments:

April said...

I was looking for you at the game-I was supper pleased with how weber played. They looked really good.

And I really could have beat that kyle guy up on the post game show. His arrogance made me wonder if that is what all utah athletes are like.
I'm cheering for Oregon with you! And for the first time in my life...go cougars!

Mindy & Matt said...

Sounds like a good time! I'm sad we missed it..Good luck the next few weeks, sounds like a crazy time.
miss you both