Sunday, June 21, 2009

birthdays, ballers, and bunco brides

Last week was Will's birthday and we celebrated in style--in secret and by watching a movie. But apparently we aren't as sneaky as we thought because there are a few people who are beginning to get suspicious. He went out of town that weekend and this weekend, but he's still as fun as ever. Lately I've been laughing so hard that I end up crying and my abs hurt the next day. It feels good to be happy again...

We had our Individual Skills Camp this week and it was the best turn out we've had since I've been here. We had 50 girls come this year and it's exciting to see that our camps are growing--largely in part due to our players' involvement in the community. We've had a few girls who have coached club lately and it's fun to see how attached their little girls get to them.

We also had our team camp this week and had 16 teams this year. It went pretty well and I'm thankful that Steph is so reliable and easy to work with. It makes things so much less stressful for me when I know that I can count on her and that she's of the same frame of mind that I am. We gave water bottles and t-shirts to each girl and we barely had enough this year. Our girls that committed to work this camp did a great job this year too--they were on their feet from 9-5 both days and I really appreciate how hard they worked. Hopefully this camp will continue to grow as well...

Tyra and I took our turn to host Bunco night. Since it's June, we decided to make it a wedding theme. We decorated her house with really cheesy crepe paper bells and every other cliche wedding decor we could come up with. I hooked up my Ipod and we played all of the popular reception songs. We served chicken salad sandwiches, mint and nut cups, yogurt covered pretzels, and Tyra made little tiny cakes. We asked everyone to bring their favorite finger food, so we got a lot of eclairs and chocolate covered strawberries.

We gave out the coolest prizes ever--Victoria Secret gift card, picture frames, necklace, Chicago CD, mini chopper (which I am now the proud owner of), fresh flowers, My Best Friend's Wedding and Maid Of Honor DVD's, towel, honeymoon bag full of lotion and candles, and some candle holders, and some sparkling cider and glasses. It was tons of fun--as it always is. My mom & Kelsey got to fill in as subs this time too which made it extra great.

1 comment:

cheeks said...

Hey Melissa! It's jami.....from forever ago...back in the University 8th ward days!! ha ha! I linked over to you from bonnie's blog, so i hope ya don't mind! it sounds like you had a rough beginning to your summer, but i'm liking the mystery "JT" boy that you write of! i hope you're doing well! you deserve a nice boy!!