Tuesday, June 30, 2009

bear lake

I took a trip to the ol' McFarland cabin this year. I was lucky to be invited by Jill and Mark's family--courtesy of the fact that my roommate happens to be dating one of their sons. Anyway, we took off on Friday morning and stayed til Monday afternoon.

I went golfing on Friday afternoon with Mark, Mitch, and Jason. Not too shabby of an outing for me on my first 9 at the Bear Lake course. I didn't even lose a ball in the house on Hole 2 or the water on Hole 4 like I usually do. We stayed up and goofed off til late and when we finally hit the hay, I was exhausted.

Saturday morning, we got up and after breakfast, we loaded up the four wheelers and everyone and took off to Randolph for a day full of dirt, sun, guns, and pot guts. We packed our lunches and stopped about mid day to eat and b.s. Jason took his Razor and let me tell you--that thing is a blast. We had the Ipod blasting all day long. Mark and Miranda and her little sister Autumn were there too. And Kelly and his son came up as well--Kelly's brother is the one that Mitch is trying to hook me up with. It was fun and when we got back to the cabin, we changed just in time for another round of golf. We went for a quick ride to see if we could see any deer before dinner and then wound up the night with a mean game of Catch Phrase--which is always entertaining and gives us good a reason to make fun of people later.

Sunday we went to Bloomington and I went off the rope swing after much coaxing. The water was FREEZING still. But I decided to do it so that Mark P. would go in his cargo shorts and t-shirt. We had to re-enact a conversation after he went for Jill to get on a video--she's hilarious and I know we all like to tease her but I absolutely love her to death!! It was beautiful up there as usual. We went for another ride to look for deer that night--which turned out to be a really LONG ride! And I almost lost my life on top of some rocks that over looked Franklin Basin--due to being scared half to death by the idiots I was with...We didn't get back to the cabin til 11pm when Jason decided to pull a fast one on us and pretend that he had to leave right then to ride back to Ogden because he had to work Monday. He started gathering all his stuff together and then Jill started freaking out about him driving home so late. Then all of a sudden, he said he was kidding and that he actually got to stay another day.

Monday morning we went golfing once again. I was happy because I got better with every round I played up there. When we got back, a few of us packed up and went down to the beach for an hour. Everyone got fried. Amateurs. (Just kidding Linz!) I had to say that to get even with her because she took it upon herself to undo my swimsuit top--while I was on top of someone's shoulders and would've been 100% exposed to everyone on the beach. Luckily, I grabbed it just in time! After we got everything cleaned up, we packed up and headed back to Ogden. This time we went over Monte Cristo. What a beautiful canyon. There's something to be said for being in the mountains. It's rejuvenating. Someday I hope I can have a cabin somewhere that I can escape to whenever I get the chance...

Anyway, thanks to the Hancocks for a great weekend!

No comments: