Monday, August 25, 2008

cowboy take me away

After church yesterday (an awesome meeting btw--Craig North and his fiance spoke about faith), Colton, Biff, Jamie, and I packed up some food and the horses and headed to the Rafter S Ranch for an afternoon horseback ride.

We got to the top of Monte Cristo, saddled up and off we went. For a five hour ride! But it was beautiful and I loved every minute of it--even when I had to bail off the side of Cash because the front cinch came undone and the saddle slid off the right side.

After our ride, we spent a little bit of time at the main cabin to cool off and relax before we had to load up and head home. This cabin is awesome--it's old and rustic. The walls are made of plywood, the beds are old, and the place is dripping with old memorabilia--hats, pictures, scrapbooks, old dishes, and a sweet rock fireplace. I could spend my whole life sitting on that porch...it is the most peaceful place I've been in awhile. And I might need to go back there in a hurry because I've never been this saddle-sore in my life!!








2 comments:

Rena said...

You two are so cute and you have so much fun together. I hope you are having fun with 3 a days. The alumni game looked like you all had fun too. Wish I could have come.

Rider Girl said...

oh how cute. That sounds like alot of fun. I love horse back riding