Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hand Me Downs

So Colton just got a SWEET new complete set of golf clubs and they are all the Best of the Best from Callaway. Pretty sure even old Rocco Mediate doesn't own clubs this nice...And because Colton is such a golf fanatic (ok, well he's a fanatic about anything that is an expensive hobby--golf, roping and rodeoing, skiing), he wants me to be one too. So much so that he donated his old King Viper knockoff clubs to me. Like I would know the difference between imitation clubs and the real things anyway. But I'm so grateful. Because I love golf. I actually hate golf too. Why? 1. It looks like it should be easy but actually isn't. 2. There are SO SO many tiny little things that can go wrong with your swing. And I have discovered every single one of them. 3. I want to be REALLY good but I'm not.


But lest you forget, I love golf too. And here are the top 5 reasons:
5. Golf is a mental challenge--which I still enjoy at the ripe old age of 31.
4. If golfing is on the list of possible activities for the day, that means that the weather is gorgeous.
3. Golf is peaceful. No one is yelling at you (unless you are with the Williamson or Muir children) or making lots of noise.
2. Golf takes place often on summer evenings. And I love the sounds at that time of day during that time of year. Plus, you couldn't ask for better scenery than that of a well-taken-care-of golf course.
1. The clothes. Golfing clothes are classy, chic, and extremely attractive. Coming in a close second are tennis clothes. See what I mean?




Sidenote: I will own each of these items by the end of the summer.

Last night, Colton & I went to the driving range so we could both hit with our new clubs and it was so much fun--plus it was a beautiful night too. We went to the drive-in after we hit our bucket of balls and that was great too--but not because of that ridiculously stupid movie, "Don't Mess with the Zohan"--please people, do not waste your money. It was fun because it was a beautiful summer night cuddling in the back of a HUGE Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Turbo Diesel...and because Colton makes me laugh whenever we are together. To me, that's more American than baseball and apple pie.

Anyway, I'm so excited for my new clubs too (Thanks Colton!) & I can't wait for my next trip to the Remuda Golf Course!

6 comments:

E'lise Collins said...

Wow! Sounds like a great night. I personally hate golf. Remind me and I'll tell you a story about Heather & I on the golf team at JHS. It was pathetic!

Heather said...

What a great hand me down! I actually really enjoy the game of golf. Sounds like you had a great night. I haven't been to the drive in for years! Sounds fun.

holly said...

hey, we were the noisy ones at the other drive in screen watching 'kung fu panda'. did you hear the screaming little girls? ya, that was us.

April said...

I can totally picture you in that fabulous golf outfit. I think that golfing is a way better sport than running :)

micah folsom photography said...

I admire those that are excellent golfers... I am horrible!

micah folsom photography said...

slacker! get to blogging!