Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sisters

I got this in an email last week and loved it:
Time passes.
Life happens.
Distance separates.
Children grow up.
Jobs come and go.
Love waxes and wanes.
Men don't do what they're supposed to do.
Hearts break.
Parents die.
Colleagues forget favors.
Careers end.
BUT.........
Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how
many miles are between you. A sister is never farther away
than needing her can reach.

When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you
have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life
will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on,
praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on
your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the
valley's end.

Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk
beside you...Or come in and carry you out.

This really got me thinking about my sisters. I love them both so much & they have been such a blessing in my life. I know that I've felt closer to them especially as I've gotten older. So here's a little about what I admire in each of them:

Kelsey: She has the funniest sense of humor I know. She is so sarcastic and has the ability to make me laugh even during my worst times and darkest moments. She is such a great mother and I hope that someday I can be the kind of mommy that she is. She always does things the right way and would never even think twice about giving up or skipping out on what's right. She listens to me with an open heart and never judges...she just supports me and let's me know how much she loves me.

Tyra: Tyra is crazy, she is a do-it-yourself girl who has a million projects going on at once but always finds a way to finish them. She is a fantastic cook & I love that you never eat the same thing twice in her household. She's always doing something for someone else and is so thoughtful and aware of other people's needs. Tyra is also a great mom. Brock and Ty moving here when they did was an answer to my prayers and was lifesaving for me--I've spent many nights eating at their table and crying on their couch...not to mention watching Jake or Happy!

I love you both! Thanks so much for your love and support--no matter what I'm going through or how sad, disappointed, or happy I am, I know you are always there for me, cheering me on!

3 comments:

micah folsom photography said...

that was so sweet! you're lucky to have such special sisters by your side

The Birch Family said...

I tagged you. So you need to go to my blog and find the directions!

Brock and Tyra said...

Sounds like your sisters are amazing! I'd like to meet them. My sisters are pretty awesome, too.