Wednesday, December 3, 2008

being single still has its perks

I've been trying to decide all week long how I'm going to get to Montana this weekend for the quarterfinal FCS game in Missoula. I thought I'd drive up to Jerome on Friday afternoon and hop in with Marti and John. Our plan was to drive to Salmon Friday night and then finish the trip to Missoula Saturday morning. After the game, we'd drive all the way back to Jerome and then I could make it back early Sunday morning for Adric's blessing.

Well that would've worked fine, but I knew it meant lots of hours in a car. And I've sort of grown accustomed to flying everywhere. In other words, I'm spoiled.

So Colton came home tonight claiming that he had some exciting news. He finally told me that the coach's wives were all going to be able to fly on the chartered flight for free. I didn't get how that was exciting news for me since I'm not a wife. But then he informed me that I am the ONLY girlfriend that gets to go...Yee haw! What a great surprise.

So I guess you don't have to be married to catch all the breaks...

No comments: